New Haven, IN
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour
Hey, there! We’re currently seeking enthusiastic and energetic cooks with an eye for detail and a passion for food. We are a fast moving company with big dreams and plenty of opportunity for advancement (you know, if that’s your thing). We look for candidates who want to express their creative license in the kitchen and enjoy a fast-paced environment. If you think you have what it takes, check out the responsibilities and requirements and let us check out your resume!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assume 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Know and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepare items for broiling, grilling, frying, or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
- Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Close the kitchen properly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen team and front of house team.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Must be at least 18 years or older.